I HELPED HAITI DAY TWO

I HELPED HAITI DAY TWO

YAGMUR and SHUHAN

YAGMUR and SHUHAN

Monday, March 29, 2010

We Lanched "I HELPED HAITI" campaign at McCaren Park, Brooklyn NY

Hi, my name is Yagmur Erdogan and my friends and I are helping Haiti. The "I HELPED HAITI" started as a project given to us at the United Nations International School. We could chose any cause and anyway to help. Our group of six girls chose Haiti. My dad came up with: "I HELPED HAITI", he is being in advertising helped ;-), I liked the idea and shared with Cindy. We sold homemade lemonade, candy and pictures (we would take a picture of the "HAITI HELPERS" holding up a sign saying "I HELPED HAITI" and send it to them by e-mail, we asked for $2.50 for each photo, usually people donated lot more than that, which was really nice). The lemonade was done the day before. We bought the candy. And we had A LOT of decorations (just to make our stand more perky) All six girls (Shuhan, Catherine, Cindy, Aleisha, Noelle and me, Yagmur) - couldn't make it so it was just me and Cindy. We sat in the park selling our stuff for a few hours together. But soon Cindy had to leave so my dad took her to the front of our school and left me there with his girlfriend, Ilze. I eventually ran out of lemonade so Ilze went across to the farmers market and bought some apple cider. We ran out of that too. The candy was still there and we had gotten four picture of the "HAITI HELPERS" in the end we had raised $95.00! All of our hard work payed of and we'll be back in McCarren park soon! Thank you for everybody who contributed to 'I HELPED HAITI". You may also donate on this blog, by clicking on donate button. Every dollar counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment